Wednesday 4 April 2007

Staircases and washing lines

Wow, so much since the last post!

Sherry - to answer your question, it has a hammocky thing for newborn that then changes as the baby gets older. Plus other thingies to pour water over the baby.

Well last week, the stair bloke came on the Monday night to measure up for the staircase, and on Thursday, they arrived bright and early to install it. By Thursday afternoon, we have stairs! With a handrail! Beautiful hardwood, and the dogs are confused by Trev on the stairs, as they don't squeak or even sound like they flex. Now to utilise the cupboard under the stairs again ...

Spring cleaning a room at a time, the bedroom's done (just need to bring in the cradle) and yesterday I washed all the baby clothes. Gosh they are small! And we really need a bigger line - all the baby clothes, not counting nappies, totally fill our washing line plus some. The nappies and muslin and other wraps are in the dryer... and I wiped out the cupboard with ti tree oil. Might have gone overboard with the ti tree oil, as its still very strong (doh). But we'll seal the inside of the drawers, and put some dividers in them and that should be OK then!

My hospital bag is packed, and I'm now starting to "live" out of it - my clothes are in there, and I have to pull out a clean one and replace with a freshly-washed item.

Just wondering if I'll get my first "dressing gown" this May! It'd be funny (in a good way) if I did. Dad and Mum should be down here then, so there's always a chance.

Ciao!

No comments: