Wednesday 11 April 2007

7 days to go!

Ok.

So we're into the final countdown to EDD (Estimated Due Date).


Are we panicking yet? Strangely, no. As the date is getting closer, I'm getting calmer (hey, if I'm not ready now, *shrugs* it doesn't matter, I'll manage somehow. Tomorrow I might actually make the cot up ready for bubs. Trev's already muttering about the cot being in the road of his wardrobe, and he needs to move it out of the way to get his clothes out. I keep mentioning he'll need to get his clothes out of a night before the morning, cause he won't be able to move the cradle when the baby's in there!

On the names front, I think we're getting closer to choosing a boys' name. Well at least we have a list. We can just look at the baby when its born and compare it to the list, and see what fits. Hopefully! As for girls' names, we have plenty to choose from.

And the slow cooker that Trev bought me last year and was grumpy that I wasn't using enough I'm using almost every day. Tonight's fare was Creamy Chicken Stew, which I thought was quite yummy. There's one complete meal (with rice) and 3 other double portions currently in the freezer for when's required. Tomorrow night I was going to do Shepards' Pie, but not sure if its the weather for it. Plus the mince is still frozen!

On the renos, well we've now waited our 3 days and are starting to move furniture upstairs. Trev just needs to do the "skirts & arcs" which are the skirting boards and architraves. Oh, and hang some doors :) That might help!

Tomorrow the wardrobe for the master bedroom comes and will be installed! WOOHOOO! Finally I'll be able to move those blasted spare doonas that I've been keeping under the bed, wrapped in dry-cleaners' plastic. And the summer clothes that are in the space bag will have a home ... so excited!

More photos :)

Actually, the photos will have to be uploaded later, as Trev's turned off his puter, and that's where the photos get uploaded from ...

Night all, dream pretty.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Great idea preparing lots of meals in advance now, i'm sure that it will help you out in the near future!

Countdown is on!

Rel said...

Wow Karyn, it's getting so close now ! Sounsd like the house is starting to come together. Any chance of a recipe for the chicken stew/casserole ? Anythign creamy is a winner with me LOL,