Friday 6 April 2007

Friday, good Friday

Well today both Trev & I are feeling sore and sorry for ourselves. Trev's sort of self-inflicted and mine I paid for ...

Yesterday was my "doctor day". So the physio who I'm sure took great delight in causing me pain. I feel today like my entire left side is bruised from the work she did. But at the same time, I can move my leg better. Then the OB who checked out everything - placenta is functioning well, the baby's growing well and there's a good solid heartbeat and enough fluid in there. Now at 3/5ths so still on track for the 18th. We also went over the birth plan and he's happy with it, and we had a jolly good discussion about pulsing cords and the like. Later in the afternoon I needed my iron shot - I'm actually wondering if the iron shots are the reason I've been feeling more active, getting up at 6 and 7 instead of 11 ....

Meanwhile, Trev was trying to kill himself with the floor sander. Wednesday we picked it up at midday, but the electrician didn't finish until 7pm ... so at from 7pm till 9pm Trev was sanding away. Ahhh, the joys of electricity! Then up bright and early to get more belts from Bunnings - we needed more of the roughest grade - and back sanding by about 7:30am. So when I finished with my doctors, I returned home to see all the marvellous work he'd done. The floors look brilliant! After we returned the sander on the way to the doctor's, he took a well-earned rest. Poor boy, he was just exhausted.

We went out for tea at the Wheelers' Hill Hotel (They had Parma week - $2 from every parma went to the Good Friday Appeal) and I had a steak salad ... even the small amount of steak there was difficult to finish. A bottle of sparkling water and a little champers (OK, I may have had a few sips and then eaten the soaked strawberries) as Trev drank a couple of glasses, and we reflected on ways to have dinner out in the future.

Then a nice tv show and bed.

Today, our muscles let us know about the work we'd done - Trev was back upstairs sanding the edges of the floors and the windowsills.

Now for some photos ...









Study - Before










Study - After

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Floors look awesome. Trevor has done so well. Are you both still feeling sore? I am sure th iron is helping. Rest up and enjoy the last few days.
xxKaren (aka QC)

Sherry said...

Oooo - floors look so smooth - I want to reach out and touch them!

Its all so exciting - so close now!