Friday 20 April 2007

No births yet, but a warning of a farewell

Well its Friday the 20th. I was due on the 18th, and I had a feeling I'd be more like a Anzac bub / mum.

I'm currently fighting off a cold, but am unable to take anything more than paracetamol for it ... my nose is blocked up when its not running a marathon, my throat feels like I swallowed a sheet of sandpaper and in general I just feel woozy. Then there's the heavy belly and sore back. Trev's back at work tomorrow, (or should I say today?) having beaten most of the cold with his antibiotics.

Haven't had any symptoms that there's imminent action, and the OB/GYN doesn't think I'll upset his weekend.

Oh yeah, and I'm bloody tired. Trev & I both fell asleep watching "Catalyst" this evening - doh!
But I can't go to bed quite yet, as I've just had some LemSip (checked with the OB, GP and Pharmacist it was OK) and its giving me heartburn, so just sitting upright until I finish this icy cold glass of milk.

But as we're preparing for this life to come into the world, I'm acutely aware that its time for another to leave. My beautiful dog Rex, my blue heeler who's around 141/2 was diagnosed with a large tumour last November, had surgery to remove the 1.2kg mass and went through Chemotherapy. In the last week, he's slowed right down. I think its his time, and he knows it.

He's been sleeping on our clothes, anything with our scent. He's been sleeping for easily 22+ hours / day and his tail is between his legs. But he's still a happy dog, and adores me, so until he is in obvious pain, we'll let him enjoy life. And hopefully he'll see my parents one last time.

Strangely, I'm not crying as I write or think all this - I did a lot of crying in November and the extra time we bought has allowed me to accept that my bestest friend, my Rexie, is going to move on and wait for me to come to him later.

Have a good one all.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

(hugs)

Rel said...

Hugs to you and rexie hun :(

Rel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bonnie. said...

love to you babe.