Thursday 22 March 2007

Prams and pussy cats

So today was spent looking at prams and then our final birth class.

I even "accosted" a lady who was on the way out of the store and asked her what she thought of her pram - she was pushing one of the pram's I'm considering. She loves it! And what's even weirder is that the pram she had previously was the other pram I'm considering. And loved it - until she had her second child and needed to cart them both around.

Now the first pram I was considering didn't have facility for a toddler seat - but did have the facility for a "buggy board" where the toddler would stand and hold on behind the main part of the pram. Hmmm. The accessories for the first pram included a lovely bassinett and matching baby bag too ...

The second pram has the facility to include a toddler seat over the top of the main part of the pram. And there are HEAPS of accessories (but not the matching baby bag ... ). Pricewise, this one's about $200 more, but may be better in the long run as I can purchase the toddler seat now in anticipation of a second child.

Decisions, decisions.

The good news about the house is that on Saturday the electrician is coming for the final fit (YAY!) and on Monday the built-in-wardrobe people come to measure and quote that. Then all we need to do is polish the floorboards and we're cooking with gas! (so to speak)

Mum & Dad will be staying with us when Blobble comes into the world, so they'll be upstairs. We won't move up there until the kitchen is finished (goodness knows when that will be....)

Have I mentioned my cats? On the right is my cat Azazael. He's gorgeous, and is an RSPCA rescue baby. He just cuddles up on my lap whenever I sit or lay down and purrs his little head off. There's also Seraph, who I'll put a photo up of later.

Back to the birth class ... well, I hope I'm ready. I have my bag packed, my outfit picked out (a crop top and sarong), the lollies and toiletries packed, the baby outfits chosen ... all I need now is to wait another 4 weeks. Next Wednesday (when Mum & Dad stop over on their way back from Tassie) I'll be officially at full term, and waiting nervously.

Tomorrow evening when Trev's home from work, I'll get him to cut me a piece of plastic, and I'll put that on the bed before I make it up - just in case my water breaks at night. Apparently the stain is impossible to get out of the mattress (but is that cause everyone leaves the house and the stain doesn't get treated for a period of time?). And also sort out something to sit on in the vehicle - I don't really want to soak the car seat!

Anyhows, have a great one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd go the 2nd pram (the one you can add the toddler seat too) - then you will defiantly get your money's worth out of it

Hope you have lots of towels on standby (if your waters break)...remember....not everyone has a huge gush of fluid!

Have fun at your last birthing class

Maddy xx